During the spring and summer months of 2022, the Hull Public Library developed a new strategic plan to focus and prioritize library services. The plan includes a new mission statement and a set of defined goals that capture what the Library strives to accomplish over the next three years.
The mission of the Hull Public Library is to promote a love of reading, learning, and culture by providing access to materials and offering engaging programs for all ages. The Library fosters a sense of community for Hull residents by connecting people and organizations, and supports patrons whether they are inside the building or accessing resources remotely.
- Create Community and Opportunities for Engagement
- The Library will build partnerships as a way to better serve and engage the community, develop programs to engage residents of all ages, and promote library services through expanded marketing efforts.
- Provide Resources and Encourage Access
- The Library will continue to build the collection to better serve the needs of the community and will continue efforts to ensure that school-aged children are provided with a library card.
- Enhance and Promote Digital Library Offerings
- The Library will make efforts to start digitizing local history collections, develop an e-newsletter, and encourage access to online resources through a re-designed website.