Participate in the Summer Reading program and win prizes!
- Logs will be available at the Hull Public Library beginning on June 12th
- You can start logging your time on June 19th
- If you’re not able to come by before you start reading, feel free to keep track of your reading however you want until you can pick up a log!
OK! I have my log and a stack of books…now what?!
- For every 15 minutes you read, color in one book on the log
- Come in and show your log (either at the Children’s Desk or the Front Desk). You will receive a bead for every 15 minute reading block!
- There will be different types of beads (colors, glittery, glow in the dark, animals, and charms) for readers to select to make a keychain, a necklace, a bracelet, or anything they want!
Is there a limit to how many logs I can fill out?
Read as much as you like! At the end of the summer, all readers who read for 15 hours or more will be eligible to participate in the end-of-summer reading Build-an-Animal event! We will be making our own stuffed animals to celebrate all of the reading we did!
Anything else I need to know?
- If you need more pages in your log book, please come by the library at any time and we’ll give you more pages!
- For summer reading – all formats count! Physical books, graphic novels, audiobooks, readalong books (like VOX books available at the library), reading along while someone reads to you, anything that lets you enjoy the story counts! All reading is reading!
- If you have any questions, please ask at the library, or email Betty, the Youth Services Librarian, at [email protected]